en - Re: [sympa-users] Some Moderated Messages Are Truncated

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Some Moderated Messages Are Truncated
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 12:46:26 -0400

The tricky part in debugging this is that it is so infrequent.  (twice out of thousands of moderated messages) It just happens to be hitting the University Administrations Daily announcements list. :)

I think it is OK in the msg/ spool since the copy that was sent to the moderators for approval was complete.  And mail logs confirm that it was complete going into and out of Sympa at that time.

Then, several minutes later when they send the approval message back to Sympa, the message is sent out truncated.  This indicates to me that the problem is with the write to or the read from the moderated/ spool.

Sympa is running on a SAN partition.  In theory that should not be causing a problem.  (my favorite saying - "Theory and practice are the same in theory.")  But I suspect that we might be seeing some kind of read/write delay that is causing Sympa to terminate the I/O early.