en - Re: [sympa-users] how to force AAI validation for members of an univerity

  • From: aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Thedi Gerber <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] how to force AAI validation for members of an univerity
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:57:17 +0100

Thedi Gerber a écrit :

I am evaluating Sympa for our University (ETH Zurich). We made an installation
on a server and implemented Shibboleth validation for the WWSympa. It works
well.

My question is now: how can in configure auth.conf to force students and
employees of our AAI federation to use the Shibboleth login, while other
guests
still should be able to validate with a local password.

I tryed to change auth.conf: in the user_table paragraph i added a
negative_regex which excludes email addresses from our AAI federation. This
works but the error message does not give any hint to use Shibboleth
validation
with the supplied email address.

Is it possible to customize the appropiate error message?

No. May be you can do some stuff with template.

Ideally something working like an additional auth.conf paragraph like

reject
regexp ((ethz)(unizh))\.ch
message Please use Shibboleth authentication to login

It's a good idea. With the same idea I would prefer a way to specify some vars that can used in the template or even beter to specify a template name. Could you describe this need in the bug manager (categorie feature).

Serge