en - Re: [sympa-users] Rejecting without notice...

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Rejecting without notice...
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:00:31 +1100

On Saturday 25 February 2006 00:35, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
> Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> >A little trouble.
> >
> >If we got spam, via web interface there's a way to reject the post to a
> >list without notice the (fake) sender.
> >
> >Via email, via command to robot (or replying to moderation
> >email request) the notice are ever sended.
>
> Yes you can also skip the notice when rejecting a mail on the mail
> interface (maybe it should be the default).
> Therefore use the 'QUIET' prefix as follows :
>
> QUIET REJECT yourlist msgid

I just tested this on a piece of spam, and while it didn't send the spammer a
rejection notice (nothing in the mail logs), it didn't send me a reply to let
me know it had been removed from the queue. This makes it hard sometimes to
figure out if the action has been carried out, or if I actually moderated the
message at all, so I have to go look via the web interface to check.

Would it be possible to consider adding a "DROP" option that simply removes
the message from the moderation queue without notifying the originator of the
moderated message, but notifies the moderator when the action has been done?

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed