en - Re: [sympa-users] Gmail Problem ?

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Gmail Problem ?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:27:18 -0500

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 02:21:53PM +0100, Serge Aumont wrote:
> Removing the Message-Id: make message non conforment to RFC. From my
> knowledge, if you are using sendmail, it will add a new message-id. Not
> a very clean solution !!!

Any MTA should add a message-id to a message it receives if there is not
one already.

It is arguable whether a MLM like sympa should keep the original
message-id, or other characteristics of the message, or assign its own.
Or perhaps there is an RFC on this that Serge is referring to that I'm
not aware of, i presume Serge refers to RFC 822 and its successors.

danno
--
dan pritts - systems administrator - internet2
734/352-4953 office 734/834-7224 mobile