en - Re: [sympa-users] Migrating from listproc

  • From: Dale Ghent <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Sargent <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Migrating from listproc
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:08:08 -0500

On Feb 9, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Steve Sargent wrote:

We currently run the listproc MLM and I'm migrating to sympa. Does anyone have any tools that I could use to convert one to the other?

Glad you asked. I'm at this very moment writing such a tool so we can convert our 2100 listproc lists to Sympa. I hope to have it done by the end of next week... with luck it'll do everything (lists, subscribers, owners, archives).

The biggest time consumer so far has been taking the mask properties in a listproc's list config file and translating that into the relevant Sympa list config parameters.

I'll release it for general consumption when it's done and post the URL to this list.

/dale