en - [sympa-users] Re: sympa called on the command line

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: sympa called on the command line
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:16:14 +0100

I answer to your message in a different mailing list, since sympa-fr is dedicated to french-speaking support.

It looks that you have different problems, see below :
One major information you don't provide is wether you installed Sympa from sources or as a binary package ?

address@concealed wrote:

I'v run the following command:-

./sympa.pl -v

And get this:-

Name "List::dbh" used only once: possible typo at ./sympa.pl line 826.

This seems to be just a warning, but we were never reported this warning with Sympa 5.1.2.
What is your OS ? Your perl version ?

Unknown parameter access in /etc/wwsympa.conf
Unknown parameter quota in /etc/wwsympa.conf

Obviously you have some mistakes in your wwsympa.conf file. Is it the default wwsympa.conf or did you edit it ?

Unable to create spool /var/sympa/spool/msg/bad
Unable to create spool /var/sympa/spool/distribute/bad
Missing files. Aborting.

It sounds like user 'sympa' does not have enough privileges to create these directories.
Doing a chown on /var/sympa/spool/ would help.

  • [sympa-users] Re: sympa called on the command line, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 02/06/2006