en - AW: [sympa-users] unwanted log entries: Could not find CSS file

  • From: Markus Schoeb <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa Users List <address@concealed>
  • Subject: AW: [sympa-users] unwanted log entries: Could not find CSS file
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:24:01 +0100

> --> Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote on 6.1.2006 9:04 Uhr:

> Markus Schoeb wrote:
>
>> For each page displayed in WWSympa a log entry like the one below gets
>> created, which results in masses of entries in the log.
>>
>> Jan 5 23:07:16 imellon01 wwsympa[22040]: WWSympa started
>> Jan 5 23:07:16 imellon01 wwsympa[22040]: [robot domainXYZ.org] [client
>> 62.202.90.223] Could not find CSS file /home/sympa/css/style.css,
>> using default CSS
>> Jan 5 23:07:16 imellon01 wwsympa[22040]: [robot domainXYZ.org] [client
>> 62.202.90.223] [user address@concealed] do_css (style.css)
>>
>> As I lack any knowledge in these things, can anyone give me a hint on
>> how to prevent these messages?
>> We are using the standard web styles ­ without any changes.
>>
>> Every help would be appreciated.
>> Markus
>

> May be this FAQ I just created can help you :
> http://www.sympa.org/fom?file=269
>
> I guess the css_url parameter you have defined is wrong. Test it by
> hand. For exemple here is cru.fr robot definition
>
> css_path /var/www/html/skins/cru.fr
> css_url http://listes.cru.fr/skins/cru.fr
>
> You can see the static css here http://listes.cru.fr/skins/cru.fr/style.css
>
> Serge

Thanks for all the hints. With your help I solved the problem now.

The confusion stem from the fact, that our systems administrator had entered
a "relative" address for css_url in sympa.conf:
css_url ../sympa/css
This worked well when displaying main admin pages, but not when looking at
any lists (gave white pages, and an error message in the log).

Actually, css_url must be an absolute address, like
http://www.domainXYZ.org/sympa/css
(as stated in the documentation).

Best wishes,
Markus