en - Re: [sympa-users] How to remove a list

  • From: Alfonso Marín Marín <address@concealed>
  • To: Markus Schoeb <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to remove a list
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 08:30:19 +0100

Hello,

To remove completly a list from WWSympa, I use to do this:
- First I close the list, as you do
- Second I enter in WWSympa as listmaster, and I go to 'Sympa admin'. There I select 'Closed lists', and selecting the lists I want remove, I press 'Purge selected lists'

I don't really know if exists another way to do this via OS command, but my way works fine.

To see the 'Status' of all list I think you can't, but the four buttons in Sympa Admin (Pending lists, Latest lists, Inactive lists and Closed lists) are very useful

I hope helped you

Alfonso

Markus Schoeb wrote:

When using the "Remove List" command in WWSympa, the list does not really
get removed, but just "closed". It even still appears in the "Your Lists"
area of the Owner (but without any notice that it's closed).

Also, there is no "sympa.pl" option that allows to really and completely
"remove" a list.

From this the following questions arise:

a) What is the proper way to remove a list completely, with all its
directories, files, tasks, etc.:
- via WWSympa
- via sympa.pl
Is there any documentation on this? (could not find any)

b) Is there an easy and quick way to see the "Status" of all lists
- via WWSympa (e.g. of an owner)
- via OS command line

When removing lists from a XML file that instantiates several lists of a
family, then the situation is especially unpleasant, as sympa.pl on each
instantiation of the family asks again whether it should re-open or close
the deleted list(s). But a better option (or asking) might be:
Do you want the list "xyz" to be
opened again
left closed
removed completely