en - Re: [sympa-users] Questions on DB structure change

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Brian Riffle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Questions on DB structure change
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:50:04 +0100

Actually the code is wrong and should treat this field as a numeric.
We've fixed this in the CVS tree : http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/sympa/src/List.pm?only_with_tag=sympa-5_1-branch&r2=1.550.2.14&r1=1.550.2.13

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Brian Riffle wrote:

I have been installing Sympa on our Sendmail server, using Sybase as our DB backend. (11.92 and 12.5).

I had found some errors that were generated with using Sybase and the database structure suggested in the documentation. Primarily:
Subscriber table:
subscribed_subscriber numeric null ,
included_subscriber numeric null ,
Admin_table:
subscribed_admin numeric null,
included_admin numeric null,

The problem stems from the fact that the code uses SQL that does things like "Where subscribed_user = '1'". Sybase treats things in quotes as a character, even if it is a number (gives CONVERT error). To rectify this problem, I have changed these fields to varchar(18). This seems to be working fine. My question, however, is that I have had a bit of testing, but not extremely thorough. Will this cause problems for me down the road? From my brief looking at the code, I cannot see any indication of where these numbers would be incremented or manipulated. ie. changed to a '2'.