en - [sympa-users] create a few mails lists by one operation ...

  • From: "C. Fixot" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] create a few mails lists by one operation ...
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:33:29 +0100

Hi
I'm a new sysadmin for mail lists with Sympa.

I want to use it to create a few mails lists by one click
instead of making many (~dozen) operations (under wwsympa)
because all mails lists are generic.

- so i create the list by directory copy,
with setting up the topic (or adding a new one if it does'nt exist)
- I add in the Mysql DB, the registering of already subscribed users,
in the new mails list just created
- but i don't register new users ;-)

I don't know now how to make a new mail list useful (eg for mail)

(how do Sympa to forward a mail received for a mail list, to all of the users
eg. melslistXX@ is not a unix user, but perhaps an alias for mail ?)

it's rather basic : a RTFM will be accepted with the URL to the doc ;-)

thank you in advance for your anwser
chris