en - Re: [sympa-users] RSS and character encoding

  • From: Anders Lund <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] RSS and character encoding
  • Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:59:48 +0100

A little addition to what I said. The message sent from Thunderbird was
with character encoding ISO-8859-1. If I send using UTF-8 I get the same
result as with posting through the web GUI. I've sent 3 messages now:
1) through the web interface
2) with Thunderbird and ISO-8859-1
3) with Thunderbird and UTF-8
The resulting RSS feed has

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>

and

<language>en_US</language>

and includes UTF-8 characters from message 1 and 3, but ISO-8859-1 from
message 2. So my question is if it is possible to change this in a way
that should give correct result in all RSS readers?

- Anders

--
Anders Lund <address@concealed> .~.
UNINETT, N-7465 Trondheim, Norway / V \