en - Re: [sympa-users] create list

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Sean Roe <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] create list
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:03:59 +0200

Hi Sean,

The reference manual is maybe unclear about that ; we'll complete it.

The 'create_list' sympa.conf parameter tells what autorization scenario will be used to control who can create a mailing list and to whom the button will be shown. The default is 'public_listmaster' which tells any logged in user can request a list creation but the requests are validated by listmasters.

The behavior you're looking for must be 'create_list listamaster' but you can create your own scenario, as we do, to show the 'create list' button only to users who are subscribed to a mailing lists of "autorized list creators".

Sean Roe wrote:

I just got my lists copied over to the new machine, no real problems noted. I am trying to understand how to remove the Create list tab from the wen interface for everyone except list masters. If I understand the docs correctly its in the scenario part of the configuration but it doesnt make any sense to me. If there is some additional docs someplace plese let me know, or if you have delt with this bofore please speak up.