en - Re: [sympa-users] What is the most common OS and mail server used with sympa ?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] What is the most common OS and mail server used with sympa ?
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:41:02 +0100

Robert G. Ristroph wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have set up sympa several times experimentally over the past
year. I used Debian and exim4 in my experiments.

I am wondering what operating system and mail server other sympa
users use. Is it Fedora and postfix ? What OS and mail server do
the sympa authors prefer ?

--Rob

Sympa does not have any preference, but you may have some. The best choice is your preference not Sympa's one. However, you do have how own preference : linux + sendmail, but a lot of users prefere postfix or exim, that's not a problem because qmail, postfix and exim provide good sendmail compatibility. OS : anykind of unix, solaris, freebsd, MacOs X, but sometime Sympa's documentation refer to linux.

Serge