en - Re: [sympa-users] Failed to setlocale

  • From: "Scott Balmos" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Failed to setlocale
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:24:27 -0500 (EST)

> Hi everyone,
>
> Running FreeBSD 5.3, and 5.0b1... Getting a *lot* of "failed to
> setlocale(en_US)" messages in my logs. I'm trying to figure out whether
> I'm missing another necessary Perl module other than Locale::libintl and
> whatever it needs. Thanks!
>
> --
> Scott Balmos

Nevermind... Seems that FreeBSD doesn't have en_US, but rather en_US.UTF8,
.US-ASCII, etc. I set the lang variable in sympa.conf to en_us.US-ASCII
and it shuts up. :) I have yet to really see if this affects Sympa in any
way, since Sympa's locale directory is named en_US, not en_US.US-ASCII,
etc.

Olivier, Aumont, anyone, ideas on this one, whether it's a problem down
the road?

--
Scott Balmos