en - [sympa-users] VERP for subscription confirmations?

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] VERP for subscription confirmations?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:37:33 -0800

Olivier et al. --

Actually I'm not sure VERP is the right term here, but am I
correct that Sympa does not currently have the ability to put
unique Reply-to: headers on subscription confirmation requests?
It has to read the authorization code from the Subject: or body
of the returned message, rather having the subscriber's address
embedded in the To: line in one way or another, right?

It would be great if it could use a unique To: line, because
now that we've customized the Subject: line on confirmation
requests to make them more user-friendly, they can easily become
so long that some email clients truncate the authorization code
at the end of the Subject: line. Sympa then tries to parse a
broken command and doesn't know what to do with it.

Thanks! And I will submit some other patches soon....

adam
--
----Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change--------------------
NPOGroups | NPOMail | NPOShield | web/database/email hosting