en - [sympa-users] 4.1.[3,4] - Cannot customise unsub message, list homepage etc.

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] 4.1.[3,4] - Cannot customise unsub message, list homepage etc.
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 02:23:30 +0100

Hi,

I've been absent from list for ages because, well, things just worked :-)
A big hats-off for Olivier, Serge et al - my mutant 3.4.x (with bits of 4
back-ported to make my html summary modification easier to code) has been
happily working with no real need to change for a year. Until now.

I've got a new server for some new lists (50000+ included LDAP subscribers,
for the larger ones) and have applied my patches to 4.1.2, 4.1.3 and 4.1.4

4.1.2 works fine - vanilla or modified.

With 4.1.3 and 4.1.4 - both vanilla and modified - when I select a customising
option and click "Edit", I just get the same page except the drop-down menu
has become extremely narrow.

So - any ideas? Obscure bug? Feature I missed? I'm prepared to accept it's
something I've done - or rather not done. I'm not too ashamed to admit how
long it took me to realise that when moving between 3.x and 4.x I needed to
include both ldap and database paragraphs in auth.conf. I'm not too ashamed
to admit how long it took me to realise the special requirements if you want
to have WWSympa in the root of an Apache VirtualHost (as that doesn't seem to
be an issue with the mutant 3.4 I half-inherited and half hacked to suit our
requirements). I would be utterly delighted if anyone could point out a
similar piece of stupidity that might have caught me out. I've largely just
taken the configuration files from the 3.4.x box, if that helps - what have I
overlooked?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.