en - [sympa-users] Lists For Virtual Domains

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Lists For Virtual Domains
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 20:08:10 -0600 (CST)

Good Evening:

I am new to this list, so apologies if this is a FAQ.

Running Debian Woody (stable), with Sympa 3.3.3.

The way debian has configured their version of the package, we have:

/etc/sympa:
auth.conf httpd.conf-cgi sympa.conf-smime.in wws_templates/
cookie httpd.conf-fcgi templates/ wwsympa.conf
create_list_templates/ scenari/
facility sympa.conf topics.conf

/usr/lib/sympa:
bin/ nls/

/var/lib/sympa:
expl/ wwsarchive/ x509-user-certs/

All of the docs seem to say, that in order to setup Sympa to handle virtual domains, one must create a directory of the domain's name, in "~sympa/etc". In Debian, ~sympa, is /var/lib/sympa.

Let us say, that my master domain is "dom1.com", and my virtual is "dom2.org".
One must then place a "robot.conf" in those virtual directories.

Therefore, I created:

/var/lib/sympa/etc/dom2.org/robot.conf

(I also tried it without the etc)
Nothing. So I then tried:

/etc/sympa/dom2.org/robot.conf

also with no results.

In the wws interface, logged in as listmaster (set the same for both domains), under "virtual domains", I see only a link to dom1.com--my master domain.

I have set ownership on the dom2.org directory, and on robot.conf, to sympa:sympa; mode 0644.

For each attempt (several of each, actually, as well as, I think, /usr/lib/sympa/etc/dom2.org), I have restarted both sympa and wwsympa, via /etc/init.d.

My robot.conf, sans comments, is this:

http_host dom2.org
host dom2.org
listmaster address@concealed
title dom2 Mailing List Service
create_list listmaster
default_home home
dark_color #00aa00
light_color #ddffdd
selected_color #0099cc

http://www.dom2.org/wws

Does connect to wwsympa (once I fixed apache, as the default debconf inserts lines with incorrect values for the directories), but the "dom2 list service" title, does not show up anywhere.

What to do?

I can't create virtual domain lists, and can't administer the virtual domain via wwsympa.

I rather urgently need this to work.

Thanks

Luke