en - Re: [sympa-users] Priority settings?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Rodrigo Filgueira <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Sympa Users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Priority settings?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 16:13:33 +0100

Rodrigo Filgueira wrote:

Thank you Olivier,

I had the following problem, I have two lists, one (L1) with 150 addrsses and the other (L2) with 8000.
L1 supports a distance learning course and should allways have priority, but when some message is sent to L2 sympa makes sendmail choke with it's 8000 mails and L1 is left behind.
I'll try not to worry about defunct sendmail processes then, and wait for the next release.
Anyway, L2 has 8000 addresses, is that considered a BIG list?

A list is a "big" list regarding to the server configuration and bandwise. Common servers usually have fast CPU (2 X 1ghz) and marge memory (512 Mo) and are conneted to internet with 2 Mb or more. Thoses servers can hundle large list (50K subscribers), thoses list can be qualified "BIG list" but you may manage "Huge list" with bigger server. 8000 subscriber is not a BIG list.

Serge