en - Re: [sympa-users] Merging two or more archive

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Trotta <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Merging two or more archive
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:09:20 +0200

If I understand you right, you wish to merge 2 web archives (A and B) into one (C)...

The easiest way would probably be to :
  1. copy the web archives of A into C web archives directory
  2. then introduce the content of B's arctxt/ subdirectories into C' directory. You'll have to rename files (1,2,3,..) not to overwrite files in C.
  3. set appropriate right on C web archive directory (choown -R...)
  4. run a rebuild of C web archives from the web interface ("Server admin" > "rebuild archive")
It should work this way...

Marco Trotta wrote:
I'm using Sympa 3.3.5
I've opened a list in order to merging inside the archive coming from two other mailing list on the same server. What is the right procedure?

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités