en - AW: [sympa-users] trouble with owner aproval

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: AW: [sympa-users] trouble with owner aproval
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:18:40 +0200

Hallo Rudolf,

thanks for your answer. After further investigations i`ve found out, that
the
success of the owner approval action depends on the subscribers email
addresses.

E.g.

If i subscribe from my external mail address: address@concealed, the command
"auth d41b9458 ADD yourlist address@concealed" is working.

Answer:

User address@concealed is now subscriber of list yourlist.

But if i try to subscribe to the list from my Outlook, the command
"auth d41b9458 ADD yourlist address@concealed" fails.

AND this happens to all company internal subscribers who use Outlook
(everyone).

Answer:

The authentication process failed

You probably confirmed your subscription using a different
email address. Please try subscribing using your canonical address.

Under $SYMPA_HOME/spool/subscribers/ i have 2 files:

-rw-r--r-- 1 sympa 104 21 Oct 4 10:22
yourlist.1096878144.102
-rw-r--r-- 1 sympa 104 23 Oct 4 11:03
yourlist.1096878870.564

one file contains: address@concealed the other one
address@concealed.

In both cases i send the confirmation mail using my Outlook.

Are there any other directories containing information about subscription
requests or any other ideas?

regards Oliver Walter