en - [sympa-users] sympa not working on boot

  • From: Ming-Li <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa not working on boot
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:53:43 +0800

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Linux, Perl, mysql, and sympa, so please bear with
me if this is a stupid question. But I've browsed through a ton of
online documentation and still couldn't solve the issue.

I want sympa to work all the time, so I checked the option for it to
start on boot. (I used drakxservice to do this, if that matters.) In
/etc/rc5.d, it's listed as S95sympa. Both mysql (S11) and httpd (S92)
start before sympa.

So sympa is started alright when the system boots up, but sending a
message to any list would get a "List unknown" message from sympa.
Response to the "WHICH" command would tell me I'm currently subscribed
to no list.

As soon as I log in and do a "sympa restart" (as root), everything is
back to normal. If I don't let sympa start on boot, but start it
manually instead, it always works.

I checked syslog and found no different log entries between those two
ways of starting up.

My system config:

Mandrake Linux 10.0
perl 5.8.3
mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.18
apache 2.0.48
postfix 2.1.1

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
best regards,
Ming-Li

  • [sympa-users] sympa not working on boot, Ming-Li, 10/02/2004