en - [sympa-users] Sympa 4.1.2 hangs

  • From: Rodrigo Filgueira <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 4.1.2 hangs
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:54:32 -0300

I'm running sympa 4.1.2 on Redhat 7.3, data is stores in a postgres database on another server.

From time to time I find that sympa is running (all proocesses ar running) but cannot ask for HELP, nor can I ADD subscribers. No messages are being delivered either.

When I go /etc/init.d/sympa stop sympa.pl does not die. All other modules die, but sympa does not.
I have to do a kill -9 delete sympa.pid and then do a
/etc/init.d/sympa start, a second later everithing is working fine.

any ideas on where to start debugging will be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Rodrigo Filgueira Prates
IT@CINTERFOR/OIT
http://www.cinterfor.org.uy