en - [sympa-users] Using Sympa with SQL or other inclusion methods

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Using Sympa with SQL or other inclusion methods
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:51:50 -0700

All --

I have just finally put together notes on my answer to the
increasingly popular question of how to use Sympa to distribute
messages to subscribers stored in an existing SQL database. The
issues that arise are mostly common to using any include method
(LDAP or list), so I hope they will be useful for many. And so
I've put them in the Sympa FAQ:

http://www.sympa.org/fom?auth=none&file=236&id=adam%40electricembers.net

We have only started experimenting with this functionality, so I
would be happy to have anyone else add to or correct my notes as
you see fit. I would be especially happy to hear that some of my
concerns and complications can be answered or simplified in any
way, as I may be missing some tricks. And there are one or two ways
in which I think Sympa needs to be modified, such as changing the
SMTP headers (unsub info) and the unsubscription rejection message
for lists using inclusion methods; perhaps Olivier or Serge could
comment on these points.

Thanks, and enjoy!

adam
--
----Electric Embers: Powering the fires of change--------------------
NPOGroups | NPOMail | NPOShield | web/database/email hosting

  • [sympa-users] Using Sympa with SQL or other inclusion methods, Adam Bernstein, 09/10/2004