en - Re: [sympa-users] Re-directing automatic replies

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re-directing automatic replies
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:22:36 +0100

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, address@concealed wrote
Hello,

I am looking for any simple mean that would allow to configure Sympa mailing lists so that auto-replies are not delivered to the message sender but to either the list-owner or directly garbaged.

The intent is to not bother messages senders with out of office replies. This is rather annoying with big lists, and particularly in the current period.

There's no fail safe way as all these monstrosities look different. I have the following in an include.send.header scenario. Fairly obviously, it works best with English language lists :)

match ([header->precedence], /list|bulk/) smtp,smime,md5 ->
reject,quiet
match ([header->subject], /auto( |-)+respon(se|der)/)
smtp,smime,md5 -> editorkey,quiet
match ([header->subject], /out of (the )+office/)
smtp,smime,md5 -> editorkey,quiet
match ([header->subject], /auto( |-)+reply/)
smtp,smime,md5 -> editorkey,quiet
match ([header->subject], /(vacation|holiday)/)
smtp,smime,md5 -> editorkey,quiet

I also redirect anything with a null MAIL FROM envelope to the listowner, but this, for historical reasons, is done outside of Sympa. I should probably move it in to Sympa - is there a way of matching on the SMTP envelope in Sympa?
--
Chris Hastie