en - re-writing To: and From: fields

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: re-writing To: and From: fields
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 12:46:53 -0700

Is it possible to re-write the To: field?

Currently list members receive mail with To: field set to the name of the list, e.g., address@concealed.
I'd like the To: field to be re-written to be the same as the delivered-to field, that is, the name (if available) and email address of the actual recipient.

While I'm asking, what about the From field? I have set the Reply-to field (which doesn't accept a name, btw -- I'd like it to be John Doe <address@concealed> but Sympa only accepts the email address). But what I'd really like to do is re-write the From field. This is a newsletter-type situation.
For example, moderator address@concealed (his ISP) sends a message to his newsletter list, and it gets distributed as being From address@concealed. That way, any newsletter responses go to that address and can be easily separated from other mail.

Thanks in advance,
Liam

Liam Kirsher <liamk/AT/numenet/DOT/com>
415-488-4370