en - Sympa and Postgresql on Debian Woody

  • From: Johann Spies <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Sympa and Postgresql on Debian Woody
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:00:21 +0200

I am new to this list. Searching on google did not really answer my
question.

I am trying to get sympa to work with postgresql on Debian Woody. The
installation script did not succeed in the configuration. What I did
then, was to become user postgres, create a postgresql-user and
database "sympa", and use psql with the sample script
/usr/share/doc/sympa/examples/config/create_db.Pg to create the
correct table(s).

I then put the following in /etc/sympa/sympa.conf:

# Database
db_type Pg
db_name sympa
db_host localhost
db_port 5432
db_user sympa
db_passwd ""

In my /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf I have:

local all ident sameuser
host all 127.0.0.1 255.0.0.0 md5 admins
host rtad4email <ip> 255.255.255.255 md5 admins
host rtad4email <ip> 255.255.255.255 md5 admins
host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 reject

So I thought then a password for sympa would not work because when
user sympa access database sympa the first line would kick in.

Any advice on how to get it working would be appreciated.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6