en - Re: [sympa-users] Creating a new list without web interface

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Creating a new list without web interface
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:12:42 +0200

Jens a écrit :

I am positive that this falls under the RTFM heading but I have not been able to find an answer - my apologies in advance. I have Sympa set up and it's replying to my emails and everything is honky-dory but it reports no list running. The way I understood things, one creates a subdirectory under ~sympa/expl which in my case would be /var/spool/sympa/expl/testlist. One sets up aliases. One then makes a 'config' file in /var/spool/sympa/expl/testlist and that seems to be all that is needed. It seems that I am missing a step someplace because things don't go.
You might have incorrect access rights on the way to the list config file.
Anyhow the first thing to do in such situation is to check Sympa log file !

What's the secret handshake to make things go and why isn't there a command
someplace like 'create listname' that I can just send to sympa (or is there ?)

The secret is to use Sympa's web interface that provides a "Create list" (magic) button ;-)

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-users] Creating a new list without web interface, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 04/26/2004