en - Re: [sympa-users] Question about compiling Sympa with different UID

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Ewan <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question about compiling Sympa with different UID
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:10:07 +0200

Ewan,

All you have to do is change the 'umask' sympa.conf parameter. Default is 027 ; you could set it to 007.
The related documentation :

Ewan a écrit :
for a project I'm working on, I want to edit pending emails from the /home/sympa/spool/moderation folder using Apache and PHP. The emails in the spool folder are saved with wrx permissions for user:sympa and then -r- permissions for group:sympa. PHP obviously can't edit these files unless it gets write permission on them (Apache runs under UID:GID apache:apache).

One possible solution to this is to compile and run Sympa under the same user as Apache - now, is there any security risk in doing this?

Alternatively, does anyone know which file I would need to look at and edit so that it saves the files with write permissions for GID sympa?

(My other solution is to look at running a cron job that will chmod the files in the /spool/moderation folder so that PHP can write to it)

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites