en - Message in Archive but not delivered!

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Message in Archive but not delivered!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:00:09 +0200

I'm a new user and have some questions, and also some comments and feedback.

1. Had a frustrating time installing Sympa due to setting the log level to >=
2. That causes wwsympa.fcgi to crash with this in the httpd server log:
[Wed Apr 14 21:10:13 2004] [error] [client 24.5.39.212] FastCGI: server
"/home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi" stderr: Modification of a read-only value
attempted at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Sys/Syslog.pm line
287.
I eventually found somebody else had had a similar problem, but this is a
real stopper. Maybe someone that knows more than I do can take a look at it,
or at least document it in the installation instructions?

2. All the subscribers I entered using the Import facility have an extra
space character and '\r' character appended to their names. This screws up
the display when looking at them in MySQL. Are they supposed to have that
character there?

3. A message just showed up in the Archive, but was not delivered via SMTP.
Hmmm. That's not good! The only thing different about it was that it had
multiple addresses in the To: line. That's just a guess as to why it was not
delivered. (In Postfix I'm using the virtual.regexp trick, so I wonder if
that would correctly match the address... but if it didn't, how would the
message even be received by sympa?) I *must* fix this... any clues?

4. Minor problem... it seems like the password string is not trimmed for
leading/trailing whitespace when checking login via wwsympa, and it should be
-- in my opinion. Logins fail when the user enters, for example, 'init23456
' even though the trailing space is invisible in the form text box.

Other than that, however, things are running smoothly now and I'm looking
forward to customizing the interface, and playing with some of the features.

Thanks in advance for any help on #3!
Liam