en - Re: [Fwd: [sympa-users] wwsympa ver 3.4.4.3 doesn't create aliases when creating a list]

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Mary Harty <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: [sympa-users] wwsympa ver 3.4.4.3 doesn't create aliases when creating a list]
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:12:48 +0200

Hi Mary,

The main difference between your call of alias_manager.pl and wwsympa's is the UID of the user. You run it as 'root' whereas WWSympa should run it as 'sympa'. Try running the command as user Sympa ; you might need to adjust rights on the alias file you have defined at configure time with --with-sendmail_aliases (default is /etc/mail/sympa_aliases).

Mary Harty a écrit :

I would really appreciate if someone could help with the problem I am having
with sympa v3.4.4.3. as outlined in an earlier email to the user group
(attached below). I have also reported this on the Sympa bug tracker system
but to date haven't got any feedback.

The problem is that since we moved from version 3.4.4.1 to 3.4.4.3 of Sympa,
when a user creates a list, the alias addresses are not being created. In
order to get around the problem I have to manually run the alias manager i.e.
# su -c '/home/sympa/bin/alias_manager.pl add cp_pgstudent list.ittralee.ie'
- apache
As sympa is used by all of our staff to create lists, I have to manually run
this command quite often. Has any one out there come accross this problem and
found a solution?

[...]

--
Olivier Salaun