en - Help for sympa list OWNERS?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Help for sympa list OWNERS?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:54:38 +0100

Hello.

I am the Owner of 2 sympa lists and I have a few configuration problems I
would like to submit, but I have not idea where to address them.

It's no use sending them to the listmaster, because they are general problems
regarding sympa, and he could not help.

None of the 6 lists to be found at
http://listes.cru.fr/wws/lists/informatique/sympa
problems. And the sympa FAQ is definitely not aimed at the sort of pbs I want
to discuss.

Coud you please advise me where to go ? Is there a address@concealed list?

Just in case this present list is the right place after all, here are 2
problems I'd like to sumbit.

1- List configuration | Visibility of the list
Is there any difference between the following two options:
a) subscribers (private);
b) conceal except for subscribers (conceal) ?
To me they look the same. IF there IS a difference, which option is the more
confidential?

2- Sending/Reception
I have set the following options:
Who can subscribe to the list = subscribe is impossible (closed)
Who can unsubscribe = impossible (closed)
Who can invite people = closed (closed)

So, when an unsubscribed "visitor" goes to my list welcome page, I would
expect the "Subscribe" button NOT to be displayed... AND I would also expect
the "unsubscribe" button NOT to be displayed upon a visit of the welcome page
by a duly subscribed visitor.
Is this a bug?

Many thanks in advance,

Joseph Rézeau - Dépt d'anglais - Université Rennes 2