en - Troubles with enabling suexec

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Troubles with enabling suexec
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:24:01 +0100

Greetings,

I'm in the process of installing Sympa for the first time. I am not an
experienced Unix user so the learning curve is quite steep.

My environment: Virtual Private Server on a FreeBSD platform, hosted by
interland.com.

One thing I am trying to do right now and having some difficulties to
complete is to configure Apache with suexec enabled. My understanding is
that I have to re-compile Apache with the --enable-suexec switch and
"install" (make install) it again. When I do so though, I am unable to
restart Apache and I get the following error message:

Syntax error on line 195 of /usr/local/www/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `info_module' in file /usr/local/www/libexec/mod_info.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I must specify, in case it would be a source of issues, that the Apache
version I am trying to install (with suexec enabled) is 1.3.29 whereas the
one currently installed (with suexec disabled) is 1.3.22.

Does anyone have a clue about what could be wrong?

Thanks

Stephane Boucher

  • Troubles with enabling suexec, s_boucheryah, 02/11/2004