en - Text based digests

  • From: Walter Hopgood <address@concealed>
  • To: Sympa <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Text based digests
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:56:32 -0800 (PST)

All,

The only thing that bugged me about Sympa was the inability to do text
only based digests, for those people (like me!) who still use text
based email readers (elm RULES!!!) and earlier email clients like
Outlook Express or PMMail, that had problems with the multi-part
digests. Then came V4.x, with the template digest. After doing
testing with my listowners, I've got what my site likes for a plain
text digest. I have updated just the digest.us.tpl file, since my site
is 99% English language based, and wanted to share it with people that
might find it useful. (code is between the === lines)