en - Re: [sympa-users] Stopping a message

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Kris Chapman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Stopping a message
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:22:00 +0100

Kris Chapman wrote:

Hi -

Is there a way to stop a message from going out to the rest of a list once it's been sent to a list? If so, what would I have to do? I see the "outgoing" spool, but removing the files from that spool doesn't seem to halt the process. I can bring down the sympa.pl, and that will stop it, but once I launch it again it'll just start sending the mails.

If anyone could give me any tips, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

outgoing spool is used to pass message to archived.pl. remove a message from outgoing will prevent the message to be added in archives, but distribution will continue. In order to stop the smtp brodcast you need to :

1. stop sympa.pl
2. stop sendmail
3. remove the message in spool/msg
4. remove all the files related to this message from sendmail spools

If you restart sympa.pl without removing the message in spool/msg the broadcast start againg at the beginning so you users receive the message twice. We intended to store checkpoint during the distribution process in order to make sympa.pl continuing the distribution in this case insteed of starting a new one.

Regards
Serge Aumont