en - Re: [sympa-users] First installation...

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] First installation...
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 08:48:10 +0200

Hi Marco,

Marco Gaiarin wrote:

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux woody, so:

rita:~# dpkg -l | grep sympa
ii sympa 3.3.3-3 Modern mailing list manager
ii wwsympa 3.3.3-3 Web interface for administrating Sympa

I've two question:

1) i've tried to setup LDAP auth, but does not work. After some
debugging i've fount the problem in:

suffix ou=People,o=Concordia-Pordenone,o=Azione Cattolica,c=it

the problem is the space in the suffix, i've tried to escape with '\ ',
put all the string in quotes ' or double quotes " ... nothing. Can i do
something?!

3.3.3 is an old release (January 2002).
This problem with auth.conf format has been fixed a long time ago (february 2002). I suggest you upgrade to any more recent release of Sympa.

2) i've to setup a list2newsgroup gate, someone have some hints for
me?! I've looked into FAQ but i've not found something usefoul...

Did you read this entry of the FAQ :
http://www.sympa.org/fom?_highlightWords=gateway&file=166

3) i've setup sympa into a virtual host with:

<VirtualHost *:80>
[...]
ScriptAlias / /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi
[...]
</VirtualHost>

and seems that sympa works, apart that login link, and so on, look
like:

http://nomenu/loginrequest/home/
http://help
http://lists/topicsless

Do you mean links on the web interface itself or links in messages sent by Sympa ?

i suppose some problem in some configuration file, but apart
wwsympa_url put to http://liste.ac.concordia-pordenone.it i've found no
more parameter to fiddle with.

You're right, that's the only place (in sympa.conf) where the web URL appears.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites