en - Re: [sympa-users] new sympa 4-how to auth ?

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Benoit St-André <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Pierre Lachance <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] new sympa 4-how to auth ?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:55:17 +0200

Sorry the problem you report is related to a small error in a web template.
Here are the fixes for it :
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wws_templates/fr/loginbanner.fr.tpl.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10&f=u
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wws_templates/us/loginbanner.us.tpl.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.8&f=u

I'd also like to reassure you : Sympa allows new authentication methods/backends but remains compatible with previous release, still able to provide its own MySQL-based authentication.

Thanks for reporting this problem.

Benoit St-André wrote:

Hi everyone...

Just install the newest Sympa 4.0a.5 ... seems it is a bit different than the
3.3... version. I'm unable to login at first by the web
interface. Normally, in the version 3, I didn't have to change a thing and it
was working creating users in mysql database...

Now, I looked in the manual, and there is an Authentication section.

All I find is two lines saying

"The user_table paragraph is related to sympa internal authentication by email and
password. It is the simplest one the only parameters are regexp and negative_regexp
which are perl regexp use to select or block this authentication method for a class of
email."

Does it mean that I just have to create a auth.conf file in /home/sympa/etc ?
What should it be saying ?

user_table
regexp ?

Seems that everybody is using ldap... but since it's a small project, I think
mysql is simpler to use...

Now, I restarted httpd, but I still see nothing interesting when I click
"login" in wwsympa page...

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • new sympa 4-how to auth ?, Benoit St-André, 09/22/2003
    • Re: [sympa-users] new sympa 4-how to auth ?, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 09/23/2003