en - new sympa 4-how to auth ?

  • From: Benoit St-André <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Pierre Lachance <address@concealed>
  • Subject: new sympa 4-how to auth ?
  • Date: 22 Sep 2003 17:00:52 -0400

Hi everyone...

Just install the newest Sympa 4.0a.5 ... seems it is a bit different
than the 3.3... version. I'm unable to login at first by the web
interface. Normally, in the version 3, I didn't have to change a thing
and it was working creating users in mysql database...

Now, I looked in the manual, and there is an Authentication section.

All I find is two lines saying

"The user_table paragraph is related to sympa internal authentication by
email and password. It is the simplest one the only parameters are
regexp and negative_regexp which are perl regexp use to select or block
this authentication method for a class of email."

Does it mean that I just have to create a auth.conf file in /home/sympa/etc ?
What should it be saying ?

user_table
regexp ?

Seems that everybody is using ldap... but since it's a small project, I think
mysql is simpler to use...

Now, I restarted httpd, but I still see nothing interesting when I click
"login" in wwsympa page...

Thanks for your help
--
Benoit St-André