en - Email commands & subscribing to multiple lists from one page

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Email commands & subscribing to multiple lists from one page
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:59:02 +0200

Hi!

Does anyone know of a way to hide/remark text in a message to sympa before
the series of commands? So that the email message could look something like:

# message. Please make sure the commands listed
# below are included as is in your reply.

SUB list1
SET list1 txt
SUB list2
SET list2 html
SUB list3
SET list3 html
QUIT

multiple lists (so users can subscribe to several lists at once). I was
thinking that it would be easiest to have a script take their input and just
send them a formatted email with the Sympa commands in it - and have them
reply to that. I'd like to put some explanatory text at the top of the
message, if I could though. I could put it after the QUIT, but I think it
would be more effective at the top of the message.

So I thought I would ask and see if anybody else has done this. Any
advice you can give would be appreciated - and thanks! If anyone has worked
out a different way to do this multiple lists subscription idea, please share
how. I'd love to hear how other people handled it. I was thinking about
adding a subroutine to do it, but thought I'd try this route first. (Who me?
Lazy? :P)

Thanks, folks!

- Kris

Kristen Chapman
address@concealed
OSDN

  • Email commands & subscribing to multiple lists from one page, kris, 08/25/2003