en - Re: AW: [sympa-users] personalized mail

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: AW: [sympa-users] personalized mail
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:50:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 address@concealed wrote:

> we need to send to each user in a list a personlized mail.
> Not only one. In this personlized mail we also have to
> include information from corresponding LDAP database.

I don't think I can help with details, but my understanding is that the
only personalizeable messages are the welcome and remind messages -
individual messages to sympa lists can't be personalized.

As to including information from LDAP, I think you'll have do read the
documentation, in detail, and do some experimentation to figure out who to
do LDAP queries from within a template. A quick look at the documentation
suggests that you start with section 11.4.

Miles

> regards oliver
>
> > -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

The Center for Civic Networking PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President & Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program 617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
address@concealed http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"