en - Re: [sympa-users] largest list currently in use?

  • From: Fil <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] largest list currently in use?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:36:49 +0200

> We know that "Le Monde diplomatique", a french newspaper, is running a
> ML with over 150,000 subscribers. Philippe Rivière might provide the
> latest figures...

I recently had to clean up about 30% of old bounces (with a special script
that may become a contrib to sympa), so we went back from 180+k to 153K
subscribers on our biggest list. There's some tuning to do at the
sympa->postfix place, because it's quite a problem that sympa sends
everything down the pipe and postfix gets a bit drowened. So I wrote this
very small wrapper that I call from sympa instead of sendmail:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/sendmail $*
logfile=/var/log/sendmail-sleep/sendmail-sleep.log
time=$(( `ps aux | grep -c smtp`**2 / 10 ))
echo "-----------(sleep "$time"s)---"`date` >> $logfile
echo $* >> $logfile
sleep $time

-- Fil