en - Re: [sympa-users] suidperl on OS X

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Lists <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] suidperl on OS X
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:43:53 +0200

If you don't have suidperl on MasOS then you should unset the SetUID bit on wwsympa.fcgi (chmod u-s).
Then you have 3 solutions to run wwsympa.fcgi as the 'sympa' user :
  1.  Make your main Apache server run as user 'sympa'
  2. If you can not, run an Apache Virtual Host as user 'sympa'
  3. Have a try with sudo : http://www.courtesan.com/sudo/
Please let us know if you have some news about suidperl and MacOS...

Lists wrote:
I have been trying to complete my installation of Sympa for some time, but am stuck on the suidperl section. I cannot find this software to install and I get the following error in the Apache log:

YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP!
[Mon Jul  7 00:22:53 2003] [error] [client 64.238.121.156] Premature end of script headers: /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

I did try perl-suidperl as a rpm, but have not had luck installing that on OS X.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites