en - Re: [sympa-users] Problem with making aliases

  • From: Tanel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problem with making aliases
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:37:18 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:

> address@concealed wrote:
>
> >If I create new list, alias_manager.pl makes aliases for that list into
> >file named /etc/mail/sympa_aliases. But if I try to send a message to that
> >list, sendmail says, no such user. if I copy aliases to file /etc/aliases
> >and run newaliases, then I can send messages to that list. What's the
> >problem? I use Redhat 7.3, sendmail-8.11.6-23.73 and self-compiled
> >sympa-3.4.3.1.
> >

> Sympa's RPM do not change sendmail configuration so
> /etc/mail/sympa_aliases is ignored by sendmail. You need to modify
> sendmail.mc for aliases definition according the following line :
>
> define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases,/etc/mail/sympa_aliases')dnl
>
> Then rebuild sendmail.cf with the appropriate m4 command.
>
> It look like the following on my system :
> m4 -D_CF_DIR_=/sendmail/current-version/cf/
> /sendmail/current-version/cf/m4/cf.m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

yes, it works. thanks. But I have to mention, I _do not_ use Sympa's RPM,
I compiled it myself and it still didn't change sendmail configuration.
There wasn't any tip for that in documentation, someone should add it
there. And by the way, sympa did not create that file
/etc/mail/sympa_aliases within install process, I had to make it by myself
and give owner rights to sympa. otherwise sympa just doesn't say anything
and still works but will not create any aliases at all.