en - Re: [sympa-users] Storing messages in databse

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Storing messages in databse
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:21:14 +0100

Hi Juan,

The reason why Sympa does not store messages in its database is because it delegates the web archives to the MhOnarc program that does a really good job ; and we don't want to start developping a mail2web archiving system that is a tricky job.

On the other hand, Sympa' s architecture makes it easy to add the requested feature :

sympa.pl process communicates with the archived.pl process via a spool (spool/outgoing/) that can processed by :
either a modified version of archived.pl
or another daemon that replaces archived.pl or passes messages to archived.pl

All you have to do is write this new daemon ;-)

Juan Nin wrote:

I'm looking at Sympa for using it in a project I'll have to do for my
University.
It's a kind of yahoogroups programmed in PHP

I'll probably use Sympa for managing the lists, and I want to know if it's
possible to store the messages in a databse.

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites