en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on MacOS X

  • From: Claus Atzenbeck <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa on MacOS X
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:01:27 +0100

Am Montag, 24.03.03 um 12:26 Uhr schrieb Olivier Salaun - CRU:

We've had many requests about Sympa and Mac OS X.
Here is the current response :
http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/208.html

Please keep us informed if you have further details.

The easiest way for an end user to install Sympa on MacOS X would be to have Sympa as fink package available. For those who do not know fink, here is a short description which can be found on fink's web page <http://fink.sourceforge.net>

The Fink project wants to bring the full world of Unix Open Source software to Darwin and Mac OS X. We modify Unix software so that it compiles and runs on Mac OS X ("port" it) and make it available for download as a coherent distribution. Fink uses Debian tools like dpkg and apt-get to provide powerful binary package management. You can choose whether you want to download precompiled binary packages or build everything from source.

I've put Sympa on fink's package request list. Hopefully Sympa will be built as fink package in the near future. Of course, the dependences to necessary Perl packages needs to be working for this.

Claus