en - Re: [sympa-users] cleaning up old files

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: elijah <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] cleaning up old files
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:15:42 +0100

The cleanup of bounces should be performed by Sympa and we plan to make it done by the task_manager.

In the meanwhile, removing old bounces does not have much impact on Sympa :

1/ once they've been analysed (to determine concerned email address), bouncing messages
are stored only for avalability from the web admin interface ("view last bounce").

2/ removing the bounce message will only make this "view last bounce" link fail

elijah wrote:

Has anyone out there written some maintenance scripts to clean out some of
the files that sympa squirrels away. For example, in ~/archives/bounce.

Can I just run something like this:

cd /home/list/archives/bounce
find . -type f -atime 60 -exec rm {} \;

or would that create a problem? How about for archives? If I remove an
entire directory (for a months worth of archives) is that a good enough
way to clean out old archives?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • cleaning up old files, elijah, 03/24/2003
    • Re: [sympa-users] cleaning up old files, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 03/24/2003