en - RE: [sympa-users] Sending/reception setup

  • From: "Andreas de Pretis" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sending/reception setup
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:31:11 +0100

> We were never reported misinterpretation problems of the
> 'send' parameter. First of all you must be aware that 'send
> closed' refers to a scenario
> (access control set of rules, in Sympa vocabulary) that might be
> redefined by the listmaster. Did you define your own
> send.closed scenario ?

Nope ... i'm using a default installation with no changes to the scenarios

> 1/ list 'config' file is incorrect due to migration script (from
> Mailman) problems
> => you can easily check this, simulating a Mailman2Sympa
> list migration

Now that you mention it, i have had several log-entries regarding thins like:

Bad entry "topics xxx,"
Expecting a paragraph for "owner" parameter in ...

and so on. That's a bug/problem i was aware of quite some time but thought
these were only warnings not having any effect on the functionality (because i
have them on all my other sympa-installations/servers too - without any
problems). But ok, i'll mention it now:

It looks like the 'topics' and 'owner' problem (sometimes moderator too)
originates from a bug in the webinterface - because if you create a list (or
migrate it from mailman) everything works fine ... but if you edit the list
definition for the first time, the 'config'-File of the list stores
configuration like

owner
reception mail
profile privileged
email address@concealed

owner

owner

or

topics xxx,,

or

topics xxx,

this happens on all my installation-types (self-made RPM, tarball-installation
and the official sympa RPM) ...

> 2/ Mails got some "special" header fields that made Sympa
> think they
> had been approved
> => check distributed messages looking for X-Sender
> headers for example.

It doesn't look like this is the case ...

> If the list was not setup to maintain web archives of messages, there
> might be text archives though ; check the 'archives/' subdirectory in
> the list's directory (under expl/).

i checked both /usr/local/sympa/arc and
/usr/local/sympa/lists/<listname>/archives ... both contain only the valid
messages that were allowed to be distributed.

by the way: could you give me a clue where i can enable list-moderation for
listmasters?

thx in advance and kind regards,
Andreas