en - Re: Re: [sympa-users]Bounces?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Re: [sympa-users]Bounces?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:53:37 +0100

Olivier-

I was just perusing the recent list archives, and on the topic of how Sympa
4.0 will handle bounces you said: "We don't think it is of any use to disable
(set to nomail) a subscriber because we don't get anymore information about
his/her status ; s/he would remain in this state forever!"

I am currently using Sympa to host 500+ lists for over 50,000 users, and I
can tell you that being able to "disable" bouncing users (i.e. set to
"nomail") without removing them completely from the database would be VERY
useful!

Saving the email addresses that have been "auto-disabled" would let list
admins who keep databases outside of Sympa to export the list of bouncers and
remove those addresses from their outside databases. If bouncers were just
automatically deleted from the Sympa DB, there wou

So, please consider this a request to allow "auto-disabling" of bouncing
users in Sympa 4.0!

best,
jon

Jon Stahl, Program Manager
ONE/Northwest: Online Networking for the Environment
Powering the Voice of the Northwest Environmental Movement

address@concealed | http://www.onenw.org
p: 206.286.1235 | f: 413.702.0213
icq: 16742255 | aim: jondstahl
1080 W Ewing Pl, Suite 301 Seattle, WA 98119

  • Re: Re: [sympa-users]Bounces?, jon, 02/10/2003