en - WWSympa 3.3.3 hostname problem on Linux

  • From: John Dalbec <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: WWSympa 3.3.3 hostname problem on Linux
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:00:10 -0500

I access our local WWSympa using an alias hostname so that the SSL certificate will match. But WWSympa generates some links using the reverse-mapped hostname from the IP address. I have the impression that this is worse now than before. I've made some changes to improve security on the machine, so it's possible WWSympa is doing this because it can't access certain programs. Any ideas why WWSympa would do this and how I can change it?
Thanks,
John Dalbec

  • WWSympa 3.3.3 hostname problem on Linux, John Dalbec, 02/10/2003