en - Re: [sympa-users]Getting empty web pages

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users]Getting empty web pages
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:52:31 +0100

Hi,

You're right obviously the current 'lang' parameter has been lost.
Here is the priority order when setting the current lang :

1/ cookie set in an HTTP cookie => try looking at your cookies,
clearing them
2/ user lang, set in the database (user_table)
3/ list lang => if the operation refers to a list
4/ sympa.conf/robot.conf 'lang' parameter => what does these files
look like on your server ?

address@concealed wrote:
I'm struggling to get Sympa 3.4.2 running on Linux box (SuSE 7.2).
The database is running (mySQL), HTTP server too (apache) and I have managed to get a starting page from the Sympa server. Now, every button I klick on this page (e.g. to get the password for the listmaster) gives me an empty little popup window on Internet Explorer, and a message "The document contains do data" on Netscape.
Looking in the log file I can see that wwsympa performs many "Language::SetLang(xx)
operations, the last one with xx=de, and then it seems to look for a template file where the
"de" is missing in the file name:

Feb 4 18:36:56 itmeli wwsympa[2979]: Language::SetLang(fi)
Feb 4 18:36:56 itmeli wwsympa[2979]: Language::SetLang(de)
Feb 4 18:36:56 itmeli wwsympa[2979]:
tools::get_filename(etc,wws_templates/menu..tpl,itmeli.local,)
Feb 4 18:36:56 itmeli wwsympa[2979]: get_filname :
NAME:wws_templates/menu..tpl ; DIR
Feb 4 18:36:56 itmeli last message repeated 3 times

Well, I guess several things are going wrong here, but has anybody a hint
where to start the search?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites