en - RE: [sympa-users] Problems with list domains/naming

  • From: Michelle Murrain <address@concealed>
  • To: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>, <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Problems with list domains/naming
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:30:59 -0500

At 4:23 PM -0800 1/10/03, Adam Bernstein wrote:
Hi Michelle. Did you ever get this solved? I may be about to do
something similar, renaming the primary robot in fact, and I'm
wondering if I'm going to have problems and if you've already found
the solutions.

I did get it solved. It was a typo in the robots.conf file. Easy mistake to make, and very difficult to pin down - I just happened to be at my wits end, and I was examining the code because I thought there might be a bug, and then I figured out where the list name was coming from - and look there, and *bingo* saw the typo. It is, I think, a little odd that one typo in one place in the robots file meant that wwsympa couldn't find the list, even though the robot was named fine, as was the list named fine in ~/expl/robot_name/list_name. Oh well.

Make sure you rename everything: ~/robot_name, the names in robot.conf, ~/expl/robot_name, and ~/wwsarchive/list_name

Turn off sympa and postfix before you make the changes.

Oh, and I changed the of the list also on the web interface. Don't know if that was necessary.

Good luck - I think I'm slowly getting the hang of things.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain, Technology Consulting
address@concealed http://www.murrain.net
413-253-2874 ph
413-222-6350 cell
413-825-0288 fax
AIM:pearlbear0 Y!:pearlbear9 ICQ:129250575

"A vocation is where the world's hunger & your great gladness meet." Frederick Buechner